Affordable Custom Homes? Yes!
With so many home building companies out there, it can be a daunting task to figure out who does what — so that’s why we’ve taken the time to catalog a few of the key differences between production companies and custom homebuilders.
Production Homebuilding Companies
1) Production companies mass-produce single family homes.
2) Production companies construct on land they own.
3) Production companies provide a limited number of options, often presented with large mark-ups.
4) Production companies do not construct unique, individually-designed homes, instead using a limited range of stock plans.
Dreambuilder Custom Homes
1) Dreambuilder constructs one-of-a-kind homes that are designed for a specific client and for a particular location.
2) We construct on land the client owns.
3) Your home consists of only the specifications you want – with no expensive mark-ups.
4) From the initial interview throughout the homebuilding process, Dreambuilder works with you closely to create your one-of-a-kind home.
Now that you’re aware of the fundamental differences between the two homebuilding styles, note that a custom built home is the only option that allows you the freedom to create a home that is perfectly attuned to your individual wants, needs and desires.
Now Is the Time to Take Action!
It’s never been a better time to build the home of your dreams. Everything from mortgage rates to building supplies to home sites are at record lows due to the decline of the housing market – but there’s a catch. These reduced rates won’t last forever, as the market will inevitably stabilize, driving up prices and decreasing the amount of bang you can get for your buck.
Purchasing power is at an all-time high, meaning the same budget from a few years ago can afford you a much larger home, built with higher quality materials, in today’s market. With all these savings, you can use your extra money to splurge on a unique lot, decorate your new home, or purchase upgrades to your design.
And for those of you who are still considering purchasing your home from a production homebuilder, keep this in mind: going the custom home route doesn’t have to be a bank-breaker. At Dreambuilder Custom Homes we know that dreams come in all shapes and sizes. We build homes that are affordable, yet uniquely yours, and we specialize in designing homes at competitive price points – a custom built home on a production home budget. You don’t have to settle for the limited options that a production homebuilder offers or force fit your family into a tract floor plan.
Together, we can make your dream home a real home. We can also connect you with those who can help you finance your dream. Check out these calculators, too.